- Lab-grown diamonds are chemically, physically, and optically identical to mined diamonds. They are created using advanced technology in a controlled laboratory environment, rather than being mined from the earth.
- Lab-grown diamonds are more environmentally friendly than mined diamonds. The process of mining diamonds can have a significant impact on the environment, while lab-grown diamonds do not require mining.
- Lab-grown diamonds are often less expensive than mined diamonds of similar quality. This is because lab-grown diamonds do not require the same expenses associated with mining, such as labor and equipment costs.
- Lab-grown diamonds are generally considered to be ethically superior to mined diamonds. The diamond trade has been associated with human rights abuses and environmental devastation.
- Lab-grown diamonds are graded using the same criteria as mined diamonds. They are graded based on the 4 Cs: carat, cut, color and clarity. Lab-grown diamonds can be found in a variety of color grades, including colorless, yellow, and fancy colors.
Check out our high quality selection of both lab-grown and earth-mined diamonds in our monthly and twice-a-month fine jewelry auctions exclusively at www.KaratsAuctions.com